Palacio de Lebrija

The Palacio de Lebrija, which has an area of ​​about 2000 square meters, during its construction was divided into winter housing, located on the upper floor, and summer housing. It dates from the 16th century, when it was built as a Sevillian manor house. It was a linked Mansion in the 15th century and rebuilt in the 16th century. de Lebrija

The façade that can be seen today is eminently Sevillian and typical of the 16th century. The Palace may date from the 16th century, but it really began to come to life when, in 1901, Mrs. Regla Manjón Mergelina, Countess of Lebrija, predecessor of the current owners, bought and restored the family home for thirteen years.

The ground floor was adorned with true artistic treasures, acquiring the collection of Roman mosaics, as well as archaeological pieces from different times and cultures. She also endowed her rooms with elements from different artistic periods: Sevillian tile plinths, from a ruined convent, coffered ceiling from a Marchena palace, etc. Regla Manjón, was an illustrious lady, cultured and passionate about archeology.

She was the first female academic of Fine Arts of Saint Elizabeth of Hungary and two years later due to her merits and circumstances, she was elected corresponding academic by the Royal Academy of Fine Arts of San Fernando in Madrid, and since 1922, she was part of the Commission of Historical and Artistic Monuments of the Province of Seville. More de Lebrija